South Charlotte Memory Care Community
It’s common for families to put off researching dementia care out of concern or guilt. Perhaps you’re worried your loved one will end up in an unfriendly institution with little one-on-one time. Or you wish you could provide more enriching care for your parent or spouse in the comfort of your home.
At The Sanctuary – Ciscayne, our mission is for your loved one to feel at home and for you to regain your role as son, daughter, or spouse. Our intimate, home-like setting brings comfort to residents, while also providing opportunities for highly personalized care.
Overall, we nurture close caregiver-resident relationships and minimize mental decline through stable routines and cognitively stimulating, meaningful activities.
Memory Care in a Residential Setting
At The Sanctuary – Ciscayne, residents truly feel like they’re home. Located in a safe, tree-lined neighborhood, our residence is designed to look like a private house. For individuals with dementia, the most comforting memories of home often involve a family-style house like ours.
Residents enjoy professionally designed, beautifully furnished suites. Bedrooms are single-occupancy (private) and spacious with en-suite bathrooms and TVs, while common areas are warm and inviting.
Safety & Security Features
- A single-level home environment in a neighborhood setting
- In-room safety features that blend in, such as grab bars, level door handles and slip-resistant surfaces
- Visual cues and signage for easier navigation
- Lighting to minimize the effects of sundowning
- Alarmed entry/exit to keep residents safe
- Wheelchair and walker-accessible ramps
- 24/7 safety monitoring and emergency response system
- Secure outdoor backyard and deck
- Level flooring with roll-in showers, transfer-friendly beds and comfort height toilets
- Locked medications and other hazardous substances
- Fire alarms and back-up generator
- Strict monitoring and inspection of the home by numerous state and local agencies to ensure regulatory compliance
Comfort & Privacy Features
- Fireplace in the family room
- Comfortable leather recliners in living area
- Spacious outdoor living area including a deck with plush seating
- Mature landscaping for shade and privacy
- Designated salon area with hair washing station for visiting hairdresser services
- Newly constructed bedrooms and bathrooms designed specifically for seniors
Our Approach to Memory Care at The Sanctuary - Ciscayne
Dementia is a highly nuanced condition that requires comprehensive, specialized care. At our South Charlotte memory care community, residents receive help with self-care tasks (such as bathing, toileting, dressing, etc.), essential amenities such as meals and laundry, cognitive-stimulating programming, and a dementia-friendly setting with safety measures.
At The Sanctuary – Ciscayne, our aim is for residents to live rewarding lives with memory loss. We offer excellence in memory care through our key pillars:
- Highly Personalized Care – Our intimate, home-like setting allows for the highest caregiver-to-resident ratio and the most personalized care possible.
- Exceptional Dementia & Alzheimer’s Care – Our specially trained team builds close bonds with residents and coordinates all holistic care needs.
- Family Involvement – We provide high-touch communication with family so they’re integrated into their loved one’s care and take part in community activities.
- Services & Amenities – Our suite of memory care services are specifically designed for dementia, including living spaces, safety features, individualized programming, and more.
Schedule A Tour
"*" indicates required fields